Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tell Your Story Or Someone Else Will Tell It For You...And You Probably Won't Like It






My school is paying the price for not having told our story. We knew we weren't telling our story well, but we never took enough time away from "getting those scores up" to deal with how we were being perceived. Putting our students first was the right thing to do; Failing to tell our story was not.

This summer, I realized I could take control of the my classroom's story. Thanks to Discovery Education (@DiscoveryEducation), Chad Lehman (@imcguy), and Steve Dembo (@teach42), I learned all about the power of social media and how to use it. So, I am going to use text picture messages once or twice a week to show parents what goes on in my class. I am also considering a 1-Second-Everyday-type of visual record  to show at Spring Open House.(http://1secondeveryday.com/)

I act out my story every school day with dedication and lots of hard work. I want my story told -- and I am going to be the one to tell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment