It is a truth universally acknowledged that a teacher in possession of 60-plus students is in want of a Jane Austen novel...or, perhaps, a Jane Austen movie marathon.Yes, I am a Janeite. I have read Austen novels, seen Austen movies, and own Austen videos.
I tender the following as proof of my dedication to all things Austen:
- I recently read All Roads Lead to Austen. What fun! The author traveled throughout Latin America while leading Austen book clubs!
- I am currently enjoying the book Pemberley's Promise.
- I am anxiously awaiting the release of the movie "Austenland" based on the book by the same name. I have listened to the audiobook version twice on road trips and am hoping the movie is faithful to the book.
- My favorite Janeite book series is Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, a three-book series that tells the story of Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view.
- I have a license plate holder that says, "My Other Car is a Barouche".
Though I greatly enjoy roaming through Austen's world, I have found my greatest joy in being married to a Darcy!