Monday, January 21, 2013

Confessions of a Janeite

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a teacher in possession of 60-plus students is in want of a Jane Austen novel...or, perhaps, a Jane Austen movie marathon.

Yes, I am a Janeite. I have read Austen novels, seen Austen movies, and own Austen videos.

I tender the following as proof of my dedication to all things Austen:


  • I recently read All Roads Lead to Austen. What fun! The author traveled throughout Latin America while leading Austen book clubs!
  • I am currently enjoying the book Pemberley's Promise.
  • I am anxiously awaiting the release of the movie "Austenland" based on the book by the same name. I have listened to the audiobook version twice on road trips and am hoping the movie is faithful to the book.
  • My favorite Janeite book series is Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, a three-book series that tells the story of Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view.
  • I have a license plate holder that says, "My Other Car is a Barouche".

Though I greatly enjoy roaming through Austen's world, I have found my greatest joy in being married to a Darcy!


No comments:

Post a Comment